Post VI: The Feminist Movement

I think that feminism is one of the most valuable of the actual social movements, because the final goal of it, it’s trying to reach equality for women in all aspects of life, all over the world (minus the countries from the Middle East, that have a male sexist culture and legal system).
I began to understand feminism in my own way due to my maternal family side, because my grandmother was a strong woman, she had three daughters (my mom and two aunties) and we are seven cousins (five of them are women, including my old sister). So, the respect and appreciation for women began since I was very young.
Overall, I think that the movement lacks of strength because there are women who don’t support it, and embrace many male sexist attitudes, by saying out loud a lot of criticism to other women, about how they look, how they dress, of who are they sleeping with, of how many couples they have, etc.

Finally, I consider myself a man who supports the feminist way of thinking, despite there are many things to comprehend and let go. It has been positive to realize that here in JGM campus, we are forming ourselves as professionals that will change the point of view of the future media about this topic.
PS: I find that these series of illustrations called 'Fight Like a Girl' by the brazilian illustrator Kaol Porfirio are really inspiring and deliver a message of strength to the women of the world.

Comentarios